Sunday 8 November 2009

Palm Pre - the New iPhone?

So I have a new Palm Pre.  Is it better than the iPhone?  Well yes and no - not quite and responsive BUT has great built in capabilities and a very iPhone-like interface.  I like the sliding card view which means you can have many multi tasking apps open at once.  No dedicated Facebook app but fine using x.facebook.com.

I have had it for a week and the best bit is the unified email handler app.  I can get all of my emails and view them in one easy to use interface - with the iPhone I had to move from one email account to another which meant three back>Back>back commands to get to say my Gmail account from my Exchange account.


I have a nice photo taken with the pre and I have no issues with that:

That's about it for now.  Further updates as I use the Pre in anger over the next few weeks.

No comments: