Monday 14 July 2008

Just Another Day

Got the new iPhone on Friday. I ordered a 16gb model online on the Thursday bit never received a confirmation. So I went to the o2 store in Cribbs Causeway at 0700 and queued for 2 hours. Got to the front of the queue to be told there were no more 16gb left. Some people left the queue. My details were taken and I went in to find out there were 5 16gb phones left so managed to get one.

I went back to work and activated the phone after putting my old sim in. Apple give you a little pointed metal tool so you can eject the sim carrier. They think of everything. I then set up exchange push email. Brilliantly simple. I also added Gmail and me.com accounts.

Using iTunes I then scoured the new app store to find new and exciting software. I found a neat music multi track perfomance tool called moo-cow music. Brilliant! Other noteworthy apps are facebook, zenbe list manager and ipint. Ipint got a few laughs at the Mark Make-a-wish dinner on Saturday night.

Make-a-wish is a charity for children who are terminally ill or who have been very ill, and it provides them with an opportunity to do something they have wished for such as a trip to Disney Florida. We had a very good dinner prepared by Table 8 in Wedmore. Mike did an excellent job with A Class mass catering. Mozzarella and tomato starter, chicken breast and green Beene followed by taramisu and then a superb Italian cheese board. Many pints of Butcombe bitter, good friends and a lot of laughs. I think everyone from the village must have been there. The Orphans were excellent providing the music for the night. It was a themed 20's night. Needless to say I was one of few that didn't do fancy dress. Most blokes were. Dressed as gangsters/ mobsters. So you see why I didn't bother.

Geolocate this post

Posted with LifeCast

No comments: